All our knowledge and capacity building efforts focus on:
- Strengthening development initiatives/projects of organizations and institutions with a goal to reach common goals … to connect intent with impactful action.
- Building capacities of diverse stakeholders towards using sound design principles and creative methods to create enabling, democratic, participatory processes on the ground.
Our workshops and training programmes with organisations, development practitioners and youth workers, including teachers, are of two kinds. Each workshop is customised for the audience, based on an analysis of their existing capacities and needs:
Process based training
- Workshop Design and Facilitation Skills
- Performance Arts for Development
- Arts for Advocacy – Reimagining Design of advocacy campaigns and dialogue building processes
- Volunteer Management
- Building Youth Participation in Projects and Programmes – The Why and the How
- Using Theater of the Oppressed for Community Participation
Issue based training
- Gender perspective
- Gender mainstreaming
- Sexual harrassment
- Youth development perspective
- Life skills and citizenship
- Conflict management
Select projects in this area include:
Field study of youth internship/fellowship programs in India to identify gaps and opportunities in youth development, citizenship and entrepreneurhip programs in India for PRADAN, a national level organisation that works with India’s rural poor across seven of the poorest states in the country to sustain their progress.
Building capacities of peace teams of Anondo in the conflict-torn Chittagong Hill Tracts of Bangladesh to use theater to build dialogue for peace.
Program and capacity building of ICS (International Citizen Service), a VSO programme:
The project included offering strategic planning inputs as well as anchoring all the capacity building processes of VSO-India’s program team and the team of volunteers (Indian and British) during the program implementation phase in order to improve the 3 month-long intensive volunteering and cultural-exchange program’s impact and outcomes.
Program strengthening and team capacity building for youth work of Parivartan – Interfaith Youth Movement for Dalit Youth and Youth Animators in Bihar: The partnership included facilitating the program’s goal setting, review and planning processes as well as building the capacity of the team of coordinators and animators. Implemented by Patna Archdiocese, Parivartan works towards the empowerment of the poorest youth in 8 districts of the State.
Non-violent communication with teachers from Kashmir (WISCOMP project): This workshop included building capacities of a group of teachers from Kashmir on the value and methods of non-violent communication.